CandyStore.com is really cool. They created a Top Valentine’s Day Candy by State Map for the United States. The map is included below.
Scroll over a state to see the first, second, and third most favorite candy purchased for Valentine’s Day in year’s past.
They developed the map by: “Using sales data from the past 11 years from our online bulk candy store and industry partners, CandyStore.com has compiled sales data to determine the most popular Valentine’s Day candy. The map illustrates the favorite candy in each state. The results are pretty interesting.”
– 43% of people said they will buy themselves a box of chocolates
– 58 million pounds of chocolate are purchased during Valentine’s Day week
– Peak selling period for conversation hearts is only 6 weeks long
– Manufacturers take 11 months to produce enough conversation hearts for these 6 weeks
– Vodka infused with candy remained popular with conversation hearts last year
– Children receive 39% of all candy and gifts
Photography Source: CandyStore.com